How to Spot a Fake Inquiry
Scam attempts are common in the re-sale industry. PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com has filters in place to quarantine and remove known scam inquiries before they ever reach your account. As scammers become more sophisticated, it is important to educate yourself about the signs of a fake inquiry - knowledge is the best protection.
The warning signs are:
- Interested in a immediate purchase, but doesn't ask specific questions about your item
- Wants to make payment via check, cashier's check, wire transfer or money order and want to use a shipper/third party for sending the dress. To have a a safe transaction, the only payment you should accept is a secure payment method like paypal or escrow.com.
- Asks questions that are clearly indicated in your listing
- Uses poor grammar and/or spelling
- Have a "story" meant to elicit sympathy to try and have you accept different forms of payment or shipping. Buyers located overseas claiming to use shipping agents are usually scams. Never pay a shipping agent claiming to be hired by the buyer. Always ship the dress yourself.
Make yourself aware of common scams and fraud. Do not believe the promise of large sums of money in exchange for your help.
What To Do If You Receive a Fake Inquiry
If you spot a fake inquiry, send it to us so we can block the sender and make the site safer for all users. (You can also always email us with any questions about an email you receive).