PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com is a listing service that connects buyers and sellers of new, sample and used wedding dresses. PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com disclaims that it is an authorized dealer or agent of any of the designer gowns offered on its website. Designer gowns offered on this website are all registered trademarks of their original owners who reserve their rights and ownership. The use or mention of any trade names, product names, or trademarks on this website does not suggest that the trademark owner or designer has any affiliations with or any endorsements of this website.
PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com “Grand Giveaway” | Rules
Jan 1, 2014
1. The "PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com Grand Giveaway" ("Giveaway") begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) on January 2nd, 2014 ("Giveaway Start Date") and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on February 6, 2014 ("Giveaway Close Date"). The Giveaway is sponsored by PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com ("Sponsor"). Sponsor can be contacted at: email@example.com.
2. To be eligible, you must be a verifiable legal resident of the US, or Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who has reached the age of majority in your state or territory of residence ("Entrant") and is not an owner, director, officer, employee, contractor or agent of Sponsor or its affiliates or immediate family.
How to enter
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. To enter, between the Giveaway Start Date and the Giveaway Close Date, indicate your acceptance of the Giveaway Rules and complete the entry form located at: http://www.facebook.com/PreOwnedWeddingDresses, including all of the following:
i. First and last name
4. Upon submitting your online entry form, you are automatically entered for a chance to win. There is a limit of one entry via http://www.facebook.com/PreOwnedWeddingDresses) per person per day. If more than one entry is received on the same day from a single person, only the first entry received will be valid; all others will be disqualified.
5. All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on February 6th, 2014. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the server machine(s) date stamp.
6. If the identity of an Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address (at the time of entry) from which the entry is submitted will be deemed to be the Entrant. Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. Entries are subject to verification and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, submitted through illicit means, of an explicit nature, in bad taste, not original to the Entrant, or if they do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Giveaway Rules.
8. There is a total of one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of a $1000 USD cash payment.
9. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable, non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to replace the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Before receiving the prize, the Winner may be required to present acceptable personal identification, proof of age and other evidence of eligibility.
10. On February 10th, 2014, in Toronto, Ontario, a random draw will be conducted by the Giveaway judges appointed by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to select a potential winner ("selected Entrant") from all eligible entries received by no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on February 6, 2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
11. The selected Entrant will be contacted by email within three (3) business days of the random draw date and will be advised of the eligibility requirements in order to be confirmed the winner. Selected Entrant will have three (3) business days to respond and provide Sponsor with a day-time phone number where the selected Entrant can be contacted in order for selected Entrant to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time. Subsequently, in order to be confirmed a winner ("Winner"), the selected Entrant must satisfy the requirements of Rules 12 and 13 below.
Winner verification & publicity/liability release
12. To be confirmed a Winner, a selected Entrant who has satisfied the eligibility requirements under Rule 12 above will be required to sign Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance with Giveaway Rules and Release of Liability, releasing Sponsor and its owners, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies, from any liability, losses, damages and expenses which they may suffer or incur in connection with this Giveaway or a Prize.
13. Declaration and Release documents must be received by Sponsor by regular mail within 10 business days of delivery of the Release by Sponsor to selected Entrant. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted at any time, or is contacted but, due to the selected Entrant’s inability to satisfy the eligibility requirements set out in these Giveaway Rules, cannot be confirmed a Winner, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited by that selected Entrant and may be awarded to an alternate selected Entrant who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Giveaway Rules.
14. By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to the use, without further consideration, of his/her name, city and province of resident, and photographs or other likenesses for publicity and promotion purposes by Sponsor.
15. By entering, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Giveaway Rules. Entrants further agree to abide and be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Giveaway and the awarding of a Prize.
16. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Giveaway Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or the Giveaway Website; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Giveaway or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of liability
17. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Sponsor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Giveaway website or otherwise participate in the Giveaway.
18. Further, Sponsor assumes no liability for any property damage, personal injury or death arising from or in connection with the Giveaway or the use, possession or enjoyment of the Prize awarded to the Winner. The Winner and the other Entrants assume full liability for any damages, loss or injuries caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the Giveaway, or by their acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive the Prize.
19. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Giveaway Rules, other Giveaway-related information, including printing or advertising, and other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Giveaway.
20. During the Giveaway Period, Sponsor is not responsible for any: failure of the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure of any email to be transmitted or received; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an Entrant's computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Giveaway.
Protection of personal information
22. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor may communicate with entrant via email with respect to communicating the results of the Giveaway and upcoming promotions and offers. An Entrant may opt-out of receiving promotion and offer emails by changing his/her personal information in "Your Profile" in any preownedweddingdresses.com email communication.
23. As between Sponsor and each Entrant, this Giveaway will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to conflict of laws principles. This Giveaway may also be subject to the federal, state, provincial and local laws, codes, ordinances and regulations where Entrants reside, and is void where prohibited by law. Each Entrant is solely responsible for understanding and complying with the laws, codes, ordinances and regulations that may apply to him or her, including but not limited to any applicable taxation provisions. Each Entrant irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in connection with any conflict or claim arising in connection with the Giveaway.
24. If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of being operated as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, delay or suspend the Giveaway or any portion or element of the Giveaway. Further, at any time during the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right to amend the Giveaway Rules to the extent necessary to ensure the security, fairness, integrity or effective operation of the Giveaway. Such amendments will be effective immediately upon their posting on Sponsor’s website.
25. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with the selected Entrants and confirmed Winners.
PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com Terms and Conditions:
This website, currently located at www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com, as well as all services related to this Web site (collectively, the "Site") is provided by www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com (herein referred to as www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com, "we", "us" or "our"). The terms and conditions set out in this notice apply to your visits and uses of our site. By using the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Should you not agree to these terms, please do not use our site.
You can also contact us via regular mail at PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com 660 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 119227, Toronto, Ontario M4G 2K2.
We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services. Further, operations of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control and www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com shall not be held liable for any such interruptions.
By using our Site, you agree to a code of conduct. Specifically, you agree NOT to:
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us),
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or Software;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site, Materials or Software;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents; or
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent.
While using the Site, Materials and/or Software, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Listings on this site
If you contract for a listing on this site, you are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and for any liability stemming from copy, images or other descriptions provided in the listing. You agree to check your listing once posted for accuracy and completeness. You agree to give www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com license to use the content you upload, anywhere, and anytime with without charge, liability or additional compensation.
Listings for all items will remain active on the site until the item is sold, or removed by the user. PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com requires users to actively confirm their item's availability every 12 months. Failure to confirm a listing will result in the listing being suspended until confirmation is given. Additionally:
- No refunds will be given once a listing has been posted.
- Additional images (after 5 images have been posted), can be posted for a fee of $5/image.
- An individual dress listing may only contain a single dress, and a maximum of 3 corresponding accessories, within the listing. A listing in the accessory section can only contain a single wedding accessory. Listings may not contain offers to purchase other items offsite.
- We reserve the right to suspend a listing - without notice - if the supplied contact information is no longer accurate or it if violates any of our terms of listing. We reserve the right to cancel a listing should it be determined to be fraudulent, inaccurate, misrepresented, in violation of our listing terms, or to have sold elsewhere. No refunds will be given in these situations.
- We reserve the right to request information or images to vertify the legitimacy of a listing posted on our site. If this information is not supplied in a timely manner, we reserve the right to suspend the listing, until the information is provided. No refunds will be given for listings who cannot provide the requested proof of legitimacy/ authenticity.
- Price reductions greater than 10% will be featured on our New this week listing page.
- We require that multiple dress listers identify themselves as such within their listing. We reserve the right to add a notation - identifying the seller as a multiple lister - to a dress description as we see fit.
- We require that you notify us of a sale within 15 days of your item being sold.
We will not sell or rent or give out your personal information to third parties for their marketing or other purposes without your explicit consent.
All non-listing content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations, and software, is the property of www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com requires sellers to provide accurate information on the Site. However, www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to deal with the seller directly to resolve your dispute. www.PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com is not involved in or in any way liable for any portion of the sale.
COLOR - We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor.
THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE AND THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED OR SOFTWARE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SOFTWARE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE, IN THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, THE SOFTWARE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company, our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from
(a) your breach of this Agreement, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above;
(b) any allegation that any Submissions or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or
(c) your activities in connection with the Site.